- Here you will find the starting point for all the necessary steps to put your Phrase-Lock USB-Key into operation and use it correctly. With Phrase-Lock you have purchased a very secure solution for managing your login data and it should take a little time. After all, there is nothing less important than to protect your data.
We have created the instructions with the greatest care and tried to find a balanced degree of clarity and the necessary level of detail.
If you like, start with „USB-Key Installation“ or – if you have a little more time – with „App Overview“.
- Here we present in simple words all the functionalities that the app offers. You can customize Phrase-Lock to suit your needs and turn it into a tool for daily use.
- Phrase-Lock is available for iOS and Android devices. The menus are identical on both systems and work completely the same, except for a few differences that we had to consider. Read here what these are.
…Android vs. iOS
Android vs. iOS
- Installing your USB-Key is an indispensable step. For security reasons, the installation does not take place via the classic Bluetooth menu of your cell phone, but in the Phrase-Lock app in the setup. If you try to connect the USB-Key to your cell phone in the conventional way, you will only receive an error message. This message does not mean that your USB-Key is damaged, but only that you cannot pair it and must follow the instructions instead.
…Install a USB-Key
Install a USB-Key
- For example, if you have purchased a new cell phone and want to install your USB-Key on it, you must first uninstall the USB-Key from the previous cell phone. Uninstalling is easy, you just need to make sure your phone has an Internet connection to register the uninstallation.
…Change cell phone
Change cell phone
- Here you will learn how to create and edit login data. We recommend to do some experiments at the beginning to get more confidence in using Phrase-Lock.
…Edit login data
Edit login data
- We have provided an online QR data generator for you so that you can quickly and easily transfer new login data to your cell phone. Because it’ easier to type on your computer keyboard than on your cell phone.
Please note the special note in these instructions!
…Scanning login data
Scanning login data
- Phrase-Lock is a pretty safe tool even from its conception. However, there is a very important step to take after installing the USB-Key: Please change the factory default master key to activate the backup function!
…Encrypt & Backup
Encrypt & Backup
- In the best case, you never have to resort to a backup. However, if this should become necessary, you are lucky to have one. Here you can learn how to restore your login data with a backup.
Please note: A backup can only be restored with a USB-Key that also has the appropriate master key!
- Push-To-Login is a very comfortable way to access and to log in via link very fast. We have developed two methods for this:
• A special link for your Favorites bar in the browser or
• to install one of our browser plugins.
In both cases, we use push technology from Apple and Google without revealing or knowing any of your secrets! There is a small difference between the two methods that you may be interested in. Here you can find out all about it.
…Push To Login
Push To Login
- Phrase-Lock Enterprise Services can be used to manage, distribute and synchronize login data. This is especially interesting for those logins that you want to share with others, such as WLAN routers or similar hardware. Or there is a social media account that should be managed by more than one person. Or you send sensitive data with TrueCrypt and do not want to send the password by e-mail or SMS. In all these cases Phrase-Lock offers a perfect and extremely secure solution with its enterprise services!