Calling up settings
- The goal of this step is to connect your USB-Key to the Phrase-Lock app on your phone. The picture on the right shows the app after starting if no USB-Key has been connected to the app yet.
Please consider that:
1) Bluetooth must be activated on your phone!
2) Your cell phone needs an Internet connection for installation!
3) The USB-Key must be connected to a turned on computer!
4) The cell phone must be within range (max. 5 meters) of the USB-Key!
In the first step, call up the settings as shown.
- Tap USB-Key Organization. This takes you to the list of USB-Keys to install a new USB-Key, among other things. Of course, this list is still empty at the beginning.
Add a USB-Key
- Please tap the plus sign. This will take you to the next step to install your Phrase-Lock USB-Key.
During installation, the QR code license is also checked to ensure that no unauthorized persons may install your USB-Key.
Activate the QR Scanner
- Please read the note and, depending on the device, press „Continue“.
- Now please scan the license QR code from the packaging and wait until the scanner is ready and the next step is displayed.
It may sometimes take 2-3 attempts before your phone recognizes the USB-Key correctly. We ask for your patience in such a case. Some mobile phones need a little more time to detect a new Bluetooth device, such as your Phrase-Lock USB-Key.
- If the installation was successful, you will see this message. Your Phrase-Lock USB-Key is now ready.
To ensure optimal security, please follow the instructions „How To – Encrypt & Backup“.
Furthermore, we recommend creating 2-3 login records, with which you can experiment a little. This gives you confidence in the use of Phrase-Lock and you learn the practical handling.
Further help and information can be found under „FAQ“ and „Best Practice“. Phrase-Lock is a very comprehensive tool and offers many useful possibilities to use your login data optimally.
- Optionally go back to the list of USB-Keys in the settings.
Tap on the connected USB-Key and assign a meaningful name instead of the somewhat bulky serial number.